Friday, November 16, 2007

I really thought that my Christmas tree was the ugliest Christmas tree ever, but it's not. I went to Big Lots Wednesday night looking for cheap decorations. Kaitlyn loves Christmas stuff so I promised her that she could pick out one decoration for herself. She almost immediately spotted a hot pink, tinsel, fiber optic Christmas tree. Of course that's what she wanted! Anybody could have a jingle bell or an ornament, but it takes a special kind of person to pull off a hot pink Christmas tree. She carried this thing all around the store, to the checkout counter, out to the car and held it in her little hands the entire way home. It now sits in it's place of honor on her Winnie the Pooh table and she eats her morning cereal by the twinkling of her Christmas tree.



On an unrelated note, I nearly drowned the poor child last night. I put her in the bathtub and continued to do a million other things; talk to Grandma on the phone, get clothes out of the washer, hang clothes on the drying rack, etc. As I was hanging a sweater on the rack I heard Kaitlyn call for me. I told her that I would be there in a second. She yelled again, "Mom I've got a problem!". I told her that I was on my way and continued hanging the sweater. She called again, "Mom, I need your help!". Realizing that the problem was not going away, I walked down the hall to the bathroom. There sat Kaitlyn, up to her armpits in water. She very calmly looked at me and said, "Mom, I need you to turn the water off".



I have no idea how she still had her wits about her! I immediately launched into bad mom mode. What kind of mother am I? How could I have let the water run so long? What if she had drowned? Was I placing laundry above the needs of my child? Was someone from Social Services on the way to lock me up?



I turned off the water and Kaitlyn had a grand time in her small swimming pool. I still can't believe I did that. Please don't tell the social worker!!! I promise I won't do it again!!!!

No comments: