Monday, November 05, 2007


This past weekend seemed like it was twelve days long. It was AMAZING, but it was also a little bit tiring. Right now Kaitlyn and I are sitting in bed watching the new Dora movie. I'm so happy to not have anything else to do!


First things first. We have a house! We'll, we almost have a house. The financing has been approved, the offer has been accepted and now it's just a matter of processing the paperwork. Tim and I are thrilled and scared all at the same time. The house is in a new subdivision in Swanton, right across from the high school. I truly never thought I would be excited to live in the city, but I love the location. We're hoping to close on December 3rd, so the next eight weeks are going to be BUSY!
We ran around all weekend, making the final house visits, making the offer and eventually countering. I had to run to Wal-Mart on Saturday to pick up a few things and get my nails done. While we were there I had to run to the restroom real quick. While I was in there, without Kaitlyn, I suddenly became aware of one of the biggest changes that motherhood has brought to my life. The inability to take care of my business in privacy. I've grown accustomed to her highness tagging along to every mommy potty break regardless of whether we're at home or in a store. She's especially fond of doing the play-by-play. This isn't such a bad thing when we're home, but when we're in the Applebee's restroom it's a different story. "Mommy, you're dry", "Mommy go poop?" and "Momma, I wipe your butt for you. I want to help!" are just a few of the embarrassing comments she's made in public restrooms. I know that the moms in the other stalls understand and breathe a sigh of relief that it's not them (for once), but it doesn't help me feel any less embarrassed. So....to make a long story short, I got to go to the restroom by myself in a public place and it felt absolutely wonderful. It's strange how I'm now able to find divine pleasure in the most simple of things!!!

No comments: