Friday, November 09, 2007

Happy Friday!!! I just read the sweetest article located at http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007-11/07/content_6237644.htm. It talks about the father of an adopted Chinese daughter who miraculously located the man who "found" his daughter after her abandonment. The odds of this happening must be astronomical, but what an amazing story he'll be able to tell his little girl when she gets older!!!

Last night The Ladybug and I went to see Annie with Lori and Amber. It was a local children's production. The cast weren't professionals, the sets were sparse and the singing was a bit of key at times. With that said, it was a beautiful play. It was REALLY cool to see local kids giving their all to the performances. Annie was played by an adorable little girl with a sweet voice and Sandy, played by a lovable yellow lab, darn near stole the show. The play wasn't what I expected, but it was so much more. It gave me cold chills to see all the parents and loved one's cheering on their little one's at the end of scenes and especially at play's end. The entire cast received a rousing ovation and there were flowers in abundance waiting to be showered on the young thespians. Ok, so I'm not a theater critic, but it truly was a wonderful experience and I'm glad I was there. I think it's so cool to see kids involved in something that they enjoy doing and it's cooler still to see their families cheering them on.

This post would be remiss if I omitted the parking structure drama immediately preceding the play. On the way from Olive Garden to campus I began to feel really sick. By the time I parked the car and got out I felt sure that I would throw up. I managed to get Amber's attention so that she could get Kaitlyn out of the car and then I found a nearby parking space and made it mine for the next five minutes. What a HORRIBLE thing!!!! The girls took Kaitlyn inside and I hung out in the car for a few minutes. I eventually felt well enough to walk across the street. I went into the theater and felt fine for the rest of the evening. I've decided that it was a mild case of food poisoning which is why I won't be eating the leftover manicotti for lunch today. On a related note, no one parked within five spaces of my car. Ha ha! I guess I now know how to keep my car from getting scratched up in parking lots!

No comments: